Name: Amarjot Saggu
Current Position and Company: Graduate Engineer at Zimmer Biomet
What attracted you to the CCR graduate scheme?
- The graduate scheme was one where I would be heavily involved in large scale projects with a high level of responsibility from day one in a field that interests me.
- The amount of support we receive is invaluable- mentoring and the opportunity to gain additional qualifications to further our career development.
- A supportive environment both from the CCR side and the company I am working for.
What are you hoping to achieve during your time on the scheme?
- To build on the skills and knowledge I gained through my university life, applying them to real world problems.
- To be able to make a difference with the company I am working for.
- To gain skills that allow me to stand out and become a leader in the industry.
Is there anything you would say to others thinking of applying for the scheme?
Especially in 2020, graduate jobs have become so much more competitive, but don’t let this deter you from applying.
The CCR team were so supportive through the application process (and beyond!) and made the process much less stressful and intense. It is an amazing opportunity to develop your career with lots of support and invaluable experience in a new and exciting field.