We are Kocho
Kocho recognise that technology on its own does not deliver change and offers technology adoption services alongside excellent technical consulting to enable our clients to achieve their business goals on their journey to Become Greater.
Our head office is in the heart of London’s West End and provides a comfortable working environment with flexible collaboration spaces that encourage our people to Become Greater with the aim to Do What’s Right.
In 2022 we’ll be opening a new office in Cardiff which will follow the style of our London space, so the role will be based in Cardiff and will include remote working.
Kocho is an equal opportunities employer. We make recruitment decisions based on qualifications, skill set and experiences. We consider all suitable candidates regardless of their age, sex, gender reassignment, race, religious beliefs, or lack thereof, marital status, disability or sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. This is mindset aligns with our company values as we understand that we are Better Together.
Here is the role:
Working with: Head of Support/External Identity Team
Support for all External Identity client solutions within support
- Responsible for CMDB
- Project support
- Technical development of service offerings and support services
- Responsible for support handovers of customer solutions into support
- Encourages clients to consider difficult issues in their best interests
- Advocate on behalf of clients to more senior management, identifying approaches that meet clients’ needs as well as those of the organisations
This is what we need from you:
Educated to degree level.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex and bespoke applications
- Ability to troubleshoot complex bespoke applications
- Good working knowledge and the ability to read and modify code written in VB.Net and C#
- Good knowledge or experience of working with Microsoft PowerShell
- Ability to support complex enterprise environments
- Experience of operational support within a business environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, virtual environment
- Ability to work independently, on multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and speaking abilities necessary to explain technical issues in a clear and compelling manner to various levels of technical and business audience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Would be great if you have:
- Experience with operation/support of Azure B2C & Azure AD
- Experience with operation/support of Azure Devops
- Understanding of SAML 2.0, OAUTH 2.0, Open ID Connect and other federation technologies.
And this is what we offer in return:
–18 month programme developing your career as a Consultant in the External Identity Team
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Critical illness
- Flexible benefits – Choose what suits you
- Access to a discount store
- Fruit, cereal, toast, biscuits, squash, fizzy drinks etc. in the office
- Celebrations for exciting life events
- Matched charity donations
- 25 days leave, plus a day for your birthday, plus cake sent to home
- Enhanced family leave
- Length of service awards
- Monthly socials
- Summer party get together for all the family
- Continuous Training
- Peer Reward programme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Everymind at Work
- Agile working
- Branded SWAG for all employees and new joiners
- Cultural champions – Focussing on celebrating our diversity
- A host of clubs to get involved with – Running club, Football, Parents hang out, Motivational speakers.
As part of the application process, you must be available to attend an Assessment Centre in Cardiff on the 6th October – if you are successful in the shortlisting process, you will receive a brief ahead of the session.