Graduate Quality Engineer
Employer NameHalma Water Management
Salary27k/year - 27k/year
At HWM we design and manufacture monitoring and telemetry equipment for water, wastewater and gas networks, together with telemetry AMR and facilities optimisation products. Our primary focus for over 30 years has been clean water and network distribution system monitoring, however in the last few years we have expanded into new sectors which include gas, water and electricity meter consumption, gas network monitoring and sewer, river and flood monitoring.
About the role
As a Graduate Quality Engineer / Design Assurance Engineer in the HWM Engineering function, you will be confirming that new and existing products are suitable for the marketplace. The Design Assurance Engineer / Quality Engineer will also support with technical investigations and incorporating latest learning into new testing techniques to ensure that HWM products are continuously improving. Among the activities to be expected in this role, but not limited to, are:
· To perform product functionality, performance and reliability testing as instructed by the Design Assurance Manager and/or senior members of the team.
· To support new product development activities by preparing and/or procuring prototype sample products under the direction of senior team members.
· Investigation and resolution of product technical issues, whether found in the field or by production or service functions.
· Development of bespoke test equipment and software under the direction of the Design Assurance Manager.
· To support testing of products by external standards bodies, including preparation of test samples and dealing with any issues that arise as a result of this testing.
· To support application field trials and issue resolution, both domestic and overseas. In order to perform this role, occasional UK/international travel may be required.
To be successful in your application you will:
· Be an Engineering Graduate / Electronic Engineer, ideally with a degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
· Ideally have experience or knowledge of electronics systems and embedded software (e.g. C/C++/C#/Python).
· Ideally have knowledge of embedded design (hardware and firmware), battery operated applications, ATEX, and GSM technology.
In return, you will receive a salary of £27,000 plus a fantastic benefits package and hybrid working culture.
Apply with Venture Graduates today!
Welcome to the Venture Graduate Programme!
You are one step closing to finding your perfect job!
To be eligible to apply for the programme, you must:
- have the right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis or have a 2-year Graduate Visa and
- must have completed your studies by the vacancy start date.
Please only submit an application if you meet these requirements.