Cyber Masters Programme
An advanced cyber security programme developed by Cardiff University in partnership with PwC to prepare high-class, employment ready cyber security professionals sought after by organisations worldwide. With Cardiff Capital Region support, 15 fully funded places are being offered to MSc in Cyber Security and Technology students for the 2021/22 academic year.
This is a unique MSc programme offering the opportunity to develop highly valued technical skills in and a clear path to a successful career in the fast-moving and exciting area of cyber security.
Distinctive features of the course
- Developed by world-class cyber security researchers at Cardiff University in partnership with the Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security team at PwC.
- Offers access to cutting edge research and industry practice – with opportunities to learn from internationally recognised cyber security researchers and PwC technical experts, through course support, group and one-on-one guidance.
- Provides opportunities to develop theoretical knowledge, advanced understanding and practical skills by working on real life problems in the university’s world-class cyber security and forensics laboratory.
- Offers access to the latest tools and technology – all required software, penetration testing and forensics tools for the duration of the programme.
Why are CCR Investing in this programme?
- Promotes partnership working across government, higher education and industry and heralds a departure from traditional classroom-based learning models by bringing together world-leading business advisors, experts and industrialists and combining that with a strong research base and expertise in teaching and learning.
- Focuses on work readiness, embedding teaching and learning within a framework of real-world problem solving and, on the job, development.
- Helps build a talent pool such that it creates a reputation for south East Wales as the place to recruit industry ready cyber talent – and the place for cyber security businesses to start up and scale up.
- Working with PwC provides a blueprint for other businesses in the region to follow, working with us, building upon, adapting and refining the model.
- Helps set the route-map for skills development in other clusters.
For more information – Study Cyber Security (cardiff.ac.uk)